Sunday, May 8, 2011 @ 3:46 PM Author: clarinda
Leaving Ames left me with mixed feelings.. I have no idea what to think of everything.. I felt that I have really learnt a lot over the past year. For the first time in my life I mixed around with so many international students. I got used to their accents, understand their cultures and had a flavor of the different personalities (influenced by their background and culture). It was such a tremendous experience and I really sincerely, thoroughly and absolutely enjoy it. Even though most people cried at the thought of separation on my last night in Ames, I did not. Perhaps I am tough but I am just not the kind who tear up easily. In any case, I really want and hope to sustain the friendships that I have established over the past year.Even though Iowa State was not my first choice, I have never once regretted coming here. Ames is a really nice and small place, the ISU campus is huge and beautiful, the public transport is free and efficient and the people are friendly, helpful and so atheletic (like omg!!).
Above all, I am already missing all of them :(



